This year, like the last several years, I've selected a word, color, and symbol of the year. I find that doing this helps me recalibrate when things in my life get a bit hectic or chaotic. It also keeps me grounded and focused on what feels important to me at the start of a new year. I do this instead of setting resolutions that I will probably forget by February and that don't really do much for helping me be more mindful. You might wonder why I pick the three. Well, here's a little bit about that and how I use the three to help me stay committed to my journey.
The Word -- Reconnect
I use the word in these ways:
- As an affirmation --- "I am reconnected."
- As a journaling prompt -- "In what ways do I need to reconnect today, this week, this month, this year?"
- As a focal point for my yearly vision board.
- As a question when I pull oracle or tarot cards for journaling and art inspiration. "How can I bring my awareness to reconnecting? "
- In meditation as a centering moment.
The Color -- Sage Green
This year, I selected Sage Green for two really important reasons. One that I can't share just yet (but stay tuned). And I chose it because the herb sage has some tremendous powers for moving energy, clearing negative energy, and revitalize stagnant energy. Sage also enhances intuition and connection to our inner wisdom.
Sage green as a color is an earth tone. I LOVE earthy colors. It signifies wisdom, experience, judgement, peace, and growth. These are all things I want to evoke and call forth in 2019.
The Symbol -- Health & Healing
- Mind, body, soul
- Past, present, future
- Health, wealth, purpose
- Father, son, holy ghost
- Isis, Osiris, Horus
- Joseph, Mary, Jesus
- Onion, celery, bell pepper (for the cooks out there -- we call it the Holy Trinity in the kitchen)
- Sun Sign, Moon Sign, Ascending Sign (for all the astrology buffs -- this is the primal triad)
- Fountain pen, ink, paper (LOL!!! Had to throw that one in!!!)
- and on and on
Do you select a word of the year? A color? How do you make sure to stay connected to them throughout the year? I'd love to hear what you're doing on your journey to becoming a better version of yourself.