It's that time again. I love this time of the year when I get to sit with my dreams and ideas about how I want to spend the next 12 months and from those plans, pick one word, one symbol, and one color to guide me on the journey.
Why Select a Word of the Year?
I share a little more about the reason I do this in my post from last year. The bottom line is that this practice has replaced making a list of resolutions and has become the one thing throughout the year that I can actually stick to and feel good about when January rolls around again.
How I Plan to Self-Study in 2017
So 2017 is a year of processing and studying self deeply, intimately, and truthfully. It's a year where I'll dig my heels in so that I can bring closure to the things that no longer serve me, to stop waiting for permission, to do more of what I love, and none of the things I don't.
To be fair, 2016 also gave me Khalil, my great nephew; CJ, my first nephew on my husband's side, amazing clients, students, and customers, multiple opportunities for collaboration with some of my favorite artsy pals, more fountain pens that I dare say, my first destination mastermind, and lots and lots of laughing with friends (old and new). I feel like I have a pretty amazing life and I recognize all the goodness and blessings that surround me. And this is the kind of stuff I want more of in my life. So -- SELF-STUDY!!!
My kind of self-study involves lots of meditation, quiet time, ART, laughing, reading, traveling, and surrounding myself with people who get me, encourage me, challenge me in positive ways, and who are just as hellbent on cultivating happiness as I am.
The very loose plan is to do all the things above while also being in conversation with others who are doing similar work. So here's what I'm doing for self-study:
- I'm joining a Wisdom Circle
- Working with the FABULOUS ladies in my Emerald Mastermind
- Being more active in communities where others are studying things like Astrology, Tarot, Yoga, Chanting, and various intuitive guidance systems. I'm super excited about a class I'm taking with Hali Karla called Into the Stars -- it combines art and astrology -- WHAAAAAT!!!! I know -- perfect. Right?
- Teaching in several upcoming classes with other amazing women. Stay tuned for the list.
- Attending art retreats, pen shows, spontaneous weekend trips, hiking, biking, and connecting with nature.
- Running an online course with my husband Damon to start the launch of our newest offering. I am BEYOND thrilled about this and I'm bursting to tell you more. Stay tuned.