Then this year (2015) I didn't get a chance to make as many books as I wanted -- heck, I'm not sure I made any books, really. I can't let that happen again in 2016 so I decided to revisit the way I do Book-in-a-Day and here's what I decided...
- Creative journaling is such a large part of what keeps me sane, centered, and inspired, so there MUST be art journaling during the new and improved Book-in-a-Day.
- Making 12 books in a year is totally doable and less stressful than 52 a year.
- Instead of randomly making a book, I'm going to plan it out and intentionally use each handmade art journal to document, experiment, excavate, learn, grow, heal, and transform. I'm going to use my art journals to journey within myself as a way to empower myself to live the best life possible.
- Creativity is much more fun when you bring along a friend or two.
- We will make a different handmade art journal each month. I'll provide exclusive tutorials for 12 books (different from the 64 I've created on YouTube).
- Monthly Themes / Weekly prompts / Daily Challenges
- Art journaling video tutorials from me and 3 other teachers each month.
- A monthly virtual LIVE interactive creative session with me, the teachers, and the other participants in the class.
- Loads of laughing, growing, sharing, support, and creative encouragement.
Of course there will be a blog hop so you can meet the 18 guest artists. It's going to be a little different than most blog hops, so stay tuned for that. Yes!! There will be give-a-ways and challenges and creativity. The blog hop starts December 1st, so mark your calendar and come back here to join in the fun.
Registration for the class officially opens on Dec. 1st. AND that same day I'll be on BLAB.im talking with a few of the teachers at 2:30PM Eastern, so be sure to join us and hear all about the class, our creative processes, and ask us questions.
We are gonna have a blast.
See you back here tomorrow for more information and the list of guest artists.