- One post every Friday for the year.
- I'm going to try to keep the lists to 5 each week.
- FAVS = a list of some of my favorite supplies, tools, classes, websites, youtube vids, and on, and on, and on.
- FODDER = "raw material" and inspiration for mixed media art, book making, art journaling, and creativity in general.
- FOLLOWS = an "annotated" list of five links to folks I follow or to the work of people who inspire me or to their Twitter feeds, Pinterest boards, Instagram feeds, Facebook pages, etc.
So I bring you the first Friday Favs, Fodder, and Follows post.
FAVS: My Favorite Fountain Pens
Here are my 5 favorite fountain pens:
FODDER: Raw material for artistic inspiration
- Pinterest: I joined Pinterest when they came on the scene, but couldn't see the point of it at the time so I stopped trying to figure it out, but today, I'm a bit addicted to looking for inspiration and images on Pinterest and I'm slowly learning how to use it. If you are there, leave your link in the reply section below and I'll check you out. My boards are at: http://www.pinterest.com/kialagivehand/
- YouTube: The shear number of videos on YouTube blows my mind, but to narrow it down, I search for keywords like: "mixed media tutorials" or "art journaling" or "book binding" to help me find something interesting to watch. When I have a specific technique or topic I want to find, I use a more specific search phrase like: "Faber Castell Gelatos" or "Crackle paint" or "collage with newspaper" etc. I really like the One Minute Muse videos because they are literally ONE MINUTE long--we can all spare 60 secs for creativity, right? RIGHT!!!
- The Heller Rare Book Room at Mills College Library: I go here when I want to research a specific book structure or a particular book artist. The librarian, Janice Braun is amazing and over-the-top smart about all things book art related.
- SkyBluePink: a great online store with lots of ephemera and bits for your art and journaling. Lots of vintage stuff too.
- Pandora Online Radio: when I don't want to think about creating a playlist but I need some good music to write to or make art to, I go to Pandora!!! I like that I can search by artist or by genre or by song to get similar music.
FOLLOWS: Inspirational Tweeters
- Wild Sister Magazine -- daily love notes
- Iyanla Vanzant -- motivational speaker extraordinare
- Danielle LaPorte -- Desire Map Phenom -- she drops a #truthbomb on you everyday!!!
- SARK -- just all around goodness coming from this radiant woman
- PeopleWhoInspireUs -- daily inspirational quotes -- I love the variety