Keep reading to see what all the hype is about, to find out what I'm doing for my 100 days, and to see a few people I'm following because I love the project they've selected for themselves.
A Little Background
You can read the real history of it HERE.
I really love the quote that is used as a starting place for this project. It comes from one of my favorite poets -- Mary Oliver.
My 2018 Project
<<>>The 100 Pens Project
<<>>The 100 Pens and Poems Project
<<>>100 Days of Symbol Study -- that was last year
This year, I'm giving myself permission to do the 100 Signs and Symbols again in a simpler way because signs and symbols are something I care about on a deeper level than just, "oh this is fun to do". I really do study symbols and find them fascinating when I start to look at the history and evolution of them.
So this year, I'm making it simple. I tried in 2017 to put the symbols in a journal -- one page a day, draw the symbol, write about it, photograph it, and share it daily on IG. That was just too much. So this year as I was thinking about what to do and looking for ways to make it easy for myself, I came across this blog post by Belinda Fireman where she did a 365 days of self-love project and I was so inspired that I knew immediately what I wanted to do for this year's 100 days.
- one pencil -- the .5 Draft/Matic Mab Graves Pencil by Alvin -- this pencil is really tough to find because it was a limited edition
- one eraser -- the Caran D'Ache Technik Eraser
- one black permanent pen -- Ohto Graphic Liner in 02
- one fountain pen -- The Pilot Penmanship with Extra Fine nib filled with permanent black document ink by De Atramentis.
- and most importantly, ONE SHEET OF PAPER every 30 days of the project
That's it. Simple. Easy.
Projects I'm Digging!!
See you again soon with a cool free 7-day challenge I'm hosting all about signs and symbols :-).