The Art Sparks card deck is a project driven deck that has 31 cards with a combination of inspirational journeys and projects to spark your artistic playtime. Karen asked me and 8 other artists to pull one card from the deck then complete the project using our own style and imagination.
I picked card number 11 (pictured above) and here's how it went:
- I started with a blank page in my handmade art journal from the October lesson for The Journey Within
- I followed the directions on the card and drew three geometric shapes. Of course I started with a circle (my favorite shape/symbol), then a cube and then a pyramid.
- Next, I connected them with lines to create a visual flow around the page.
- The directions said to add color. I love that there weren't any specific instructions on how to add the color and that I could select on my own. I went with my newest sets of watercolors -- the Prima Marketing Decadent Pies and three half pans of handcrafted watercolors from Redwood Willow. For my black, I used the Art Graf Carbon Disc (my new fav). I felt pulled towards the fall colors and really wanted to stay loose with the water, so I started with a wet on wet technique.
- Of course I had to add a sentiment in that empty space on the page, so I penciled in the words "inspiration can be lost, found, and created using color and shape"
- I used a Sakura Pigma Micron Graphic Pen in size 1 to ink the lettering
I'm curious, what sparks your art?
Do two things to be entered:4th Quarter of The Journey Within where we are making handmade art journals and filling them with wonderful ideas and images. In fact, you'll get a triple treat because my blog hop partner, Tori Weyers, is teaching in TJW in December!! WIN WIN WIN!!!
Wanna increase your chances to win a deck? Go back and visit all of the blog hoppers and enter their give-a-ways:
- Monday, October 31, 2016
Tuesday, November 1
Yva Lovee Barbour
Wednesday, November 2
Thursday, November 3
Friday, November 4
Kiala Givehand <<< YOU ARE HERE
If you decide to do the prompt from card number 11 (above), post it to Instagram and tag me @kialagives -- I'll enter your name in the drawing!!!